Friday, June 13, 2008

Marlee on my Mind



We went to our agency(http://www.ftia.org/) on Monday and met with our wonderful coordinator Betty who reviewed with us the package that had just arrived. After being patient for nearly 3 years (whether we wanted to be or not) and wondering periodically what our daughter might look like, suddenly this little picture slips out onto the table in front of us. Through the tears forming in my eyes I began the process of etching this beautiful face into my memory. I swear I saw a little halo above her head. It turned out to be a little staple mark in the photo but in my mind it remains a halo. And now, that I have seen her face it is hard to think of anything else.

1 comment:

Couchkat said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats on the referral! How exciting. She is precious.

Rachel & crew